Monday 15 December 2014

If I take my Laptop in to a TV room that has a TV License, will I be covered to watch Sky Go as long as I stay in that room?

If I take my Laptop in to a TV room that has a TV License, will I be covered to watch Sky Go as long as I stay in that room? Any help would be great

Portable devices can be covered by a licence on your 'home' address. So if you are a student and have a tv licence at your permenant home address you will be covered to watch tv on a portable device anywhere.

If you 'install' your laptop (Plug it into a mains power supply) then that address would need to have a licence.

I've checked with the Tv Licence people and they have confirmed that you would be covered by someone elses' licence (or communal area licence) if you took your laptop to someone's house who had a licence.

No comments:

Post a Comment